Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Teaching an old dog new tricks

I did it again....some window pops up on the laptop and I have to ask my wife for help. She
hits a key and it disappears but leaves me frazzled. I often think I will give up on using the computer but even I have found it to be indispensible. I can only imagine how important the use
of technology is to children in schools. My own grown kids are never without their Blackberries,
laptops and Ipods. I know these items are their forms of communication and I am trying to keep up but, like learning a new language, learning to keep up in the digital world is frustrating at my age! I am glad to see so many schools keeping up with technology and teaching students the right way to use it.

This post is part of the MAT@USC hope for the Holiday's event. Did you have an experience or witness something in 2009 which gave you hope for the future of American education? If so, please see this post for more information in how to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment